Installing AMX ModX on Counter Strike 1.6 server
This tutorial will help you to install AMX Mod X on any Counter Strike 1.6 server.
- Download latest version of “AMX Mod X Full Installer” from here
- Run the downloaded exe file to start the installer (see below). Click “Next” to continue.
- Select a location to install AMX ModX installer (Any folder).Click “Next” .
- The installer will unpack files on destination folder and a New Setup Wizard will start automatically.Click “Next” to continue.
- You will now have five different methods to install AMX Mod X
* Steam Dedicated Server – a server started from your Steam Dedicated Server menu
* Steam Listen Server – a listen server where client is the server
* Standalone Server – a local server not started from the steam menu (for example: E:\HLServer)
* Select mod directory – Manual installation selection
* FTP – For remote installations(your server can only be accessed through FTP)
- Now select ‘Counter Strike’ from drop down options and select cstrike folder as a location. Eg. select E:/HLDS/cstrike. Installer will copy all the files to your HLDS/cstrike.Click “Finish” to complete installation.
To see if the installation is complete go to server console and type “meta list” . The display should be Amxmodx – RUN