AMX Plugins are in two formats
- with .amxx extension (Complete Compiled Plugin)(Required to install the Plugin)
- with .sma extension(Source file)(Editable with text editor)
Source file (.sma) needs to be compiled before it can be used on the server.
Compiling on Windows
- Copy the .sma source file in HLDS\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting.
- Drag the .sma file onto “compile.exe”
- The file gets compiled to .amxx in “compiled” folder(HLDS\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\compiled) with same name.
- To Compile all source files in the scripting folder, Double click “compile.exe“
- When complete it will display “Compilation Done”
Compiling on Linux
- Copy or move the .sma file into HLDS\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting.
Then change the directory in terminal to the scripting folder with:
chmod +x compile.sh ./compile.sh
Once you have got .amxx compiled file you can Install the Plugins